Monday, May 19, 2008

Session 1

Day One was pretty incredible. First, we just set all the equipment up and checked everything out. Oh yes, Bobby, Matt , and Chilton jammed for an hour, while Terry and Jim downloaded the music programs that we needed. We finished by doing some rough recording of Blessed Be the Name. Wow, the instruments sound so good. The vocals were mine and Terry made me sound so great with his amazing mic. I probably should give you some back ground on this wonderful group of people.

Terry Read, he is the former keys player to the Canadian Group "The Guess Who". He is amazing on keys. He writes, produces, and arranges our music. He is the brains behind the CD. He is the most creative person that I have ever met. I love him dearly. He and I are the original members of Messenger, and we have been through a lot with developing this ministry.

Jim Grasso, he is the shy gentle giant. He builds and plays guitar. He is such a calming force when all the cautious is going on. He loves to play 80s rock and would give Santana a run for his money.

Matt Fedorovich, he is our lead guitarist. He is growing so much. It is wonderful to see his talent develop and mature. He is in college, has a job, and still finds time to write music. He wrote a wonderful song that will be on the album called, "It's A Long Way".

Bobby Dickson, he is our drummer. This dynamo carries more God given talent than I can tell you. He plays drums, guitar, keys, and did I mention sings. I love harmonising with him. He also writes music. He has a thing for Leprechauns.

Chilton Bono, he is our bass player. He brought his family over from the Philippines. He plays guitar as well and has a really funny sense of humor.

Ron Guiffre, he is a vocalist, drummer, percussionist. and all around comic. He loves to break into song at a moments notice.

Dave Donhanish, he is a vocalist, drummer, percussionist, and connected to the mob (possibly). He is always wanting to whack someone or something.

Alexa Read, she is a vocalist, violinist, and is leaving us this year. She is going away to college in the fall. We will miss her.

Dea Bauer, she is vocalist, percussionist, and a joy. She helps me keep everyone in line and focused on the task at hand.

Tiffany Ross, she is my daughter, a vocalist, and Matt Maher #1 fan. She will be a Senior in the fall. I am dreading that.

Matt Grasso, he is a vocalist, and a college student. He has been with off and on for almost 3 years.

Peter Bauer, he is our documentarian, publicist, and great friend.

Greg Ross, he is my husband, sound tech, and head roady. He lugs more equipment than anyone, because he loves me so much.

That just leaves me. I am a vocalist, director, and Mama Partridge. We meet again on Wed. to continue the adventure. I will give you an update then.

No comments: