Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Matt's Graduation

Matt and Carly George with the Principal's Award
Pictured Left to Right: Tom George, Theresa George, Principal Peggy Penn, Me, Greg
Carly George, and Matt
We are so proud!!!!

Our Family and Father Mike Morris





Matt and Tiffany before Graduation


It is completely normal to be proud of your children, but sometimes they surprise you in the most incredible ways. My son Matt is a normal, average, 13 almost 14 year old boy. He loves video games, baseball, hanging out with friends, and most of technology. He is very much like my father and brother that way. He gets good grades, but has to work really hard to do that.
Last night at his Graduation from Espirtu Santo Catholic School, he received the highest honor that can be given. It is not for academics but for honor, integrity, and good character. We were all surprised when Mrs. Penn ( the Principal) gave a very moving speech about true good character. She talk about people that had changed her life because of their character. Then, she announced that 2 students had achieved this high honor, Matt's best friend Carly and Matt.
He was beaming from ear to ear and so was I. I thank God everyday that I am the mother of 2 amazing kids. Matt, you ROCK!!!!
I can't finish this blog with out bragging about My Tiffany. She lettered and received a pin for academics at CCC. She also worked very hard at motivating her Theater Director, Mr. Wendt into doing the 1st ever musical at CCC. He plans on doing Nun Sense next spring, and he asked me to be the vocal director.



1 comment:

Pete Bauer said...

Wow, what a great night! Congratulations to Matt. I'm sure Mom and Dad were smiling ear to ear last night as well.

Great pics. I envy all those who can tan. Evil pigment!