Monday, May 5, 2008

Hair Care and Women's Vitamins


















I have neglected my blog for a few days. Things have been pretty busy. Last night I was out with my husband and a couple of friends. Pete asked me about useless bits of knowledge. You know the stuff nobody can believe is true or really wants to know. Well, need less to say, I have tons.

Hence, today's subject: Hair and Vitamins!!!
To a Blond, her hair is probably one of the most important things in their lives, not really, but everyone wants to look great no matter what hair color or texture. The new trend in hair care these days is Sulfate Free Shampoo. It doesn't strip the hair of its natural oils, therefore no dry, frizzy look when the hair is blow dried. It is great for all hair types. The one down side is it doesn't suds up like traditional shampoos, so your left thinking., this is strange. It really works. Here are a couple of products that I recommend. I have tried these products, and they are great.



At 40, you really start to take stock of your health and realize that you probably have another 40 years in this body... so you better take care of it. Well, I did. I have really learned a lot about vitamins and how they work for your body. With our American type diet, you really need vitamins to off set the damage of processed foods, environment, and general life style.

I work out pretty much every day and exercising though great for you it does deplete your body of vitamins and minerals. Here is what I have discovered. Everyone: men, women, and kids, especially teens, need a good multivitamin. Every article that I have seen agrees and most widely known Doctors, like Dr. Oz. agree. I use a Women's Natural Multi that is gentle on your stomach. No one likes that nausea feeling after taking a major horse pill vitamin. You can get it at Publix or online. I also take additional vitamins like, Vitamin C for your immune system, Vitamin E, for hair and skin, Calcium, for bone strength, and Fish Oil, for general stress reduction, brain strength, hormone stabilizer, cardio vascular health, etc. Fish oil is really great for any one who has a stressful life. I also, started taking a pro biotic. This is great for your digestive track. It is basically the enzymes you find in yogurt, but on a higher level. I have not been sick in a very long time. I really feel that it is due to the exercise and vitamin regiment that I am on. Please research your specific needs and tailor your regiment for yourself. It is so much better that having to take Medications for diseases that you can prevent.
I am not in any way a medical expert, but this knowledge that I have collected from years of reading medical articles and research has brought me to conclude that in order to stave off disease and illness you have to make your body strong from the inside out. I hope this info at least gets you researching things that are affecting your health.


















1 comment:

Pete Bauer said...

You know, I used to take a multi-vitamin everyday... especially because of my dietary limitations... but I stopped for some reason. Probably laziness.

So, I'm back on it. Thanks for the reminder and the good info.