Friday, June 27, 2008

Rome, Italy


The Spanish Steps, Rome, Italy
Wow,

We made it home safely from Rome. I can't begin to describe how much I have grown in my faith. A man studying at the North American University in Rome, (where we picked up our tickets to see the Pope) said, "You must have faith first,then gain the knowledge and grow." He was so right. I have always had a faith connection with Christ as long as I can remember. I was always trying to find my own way religiously. Now I feel like I truly have gained so much knowledge that I want to share a bit with my family and friends. Please don't take this as preachy or holy roller. I hope that when you read my blog for the next few weeks, you are able to find your own knowledge and way whatever that might be. I believe that those who have knowledge first struggle with faith because they think they know all there is to know. Anyway, God has really touched my family and We are so very blessed.

I am going to leave excerpts from my journal that I kept in Italy along with photos of the trip. I hope to leave a new one each day to document the whole trip. My prayer is that you enjoy the ride and gain something of your very own from it.

Here it goes.

Day One, God Wink Journal. God Wink defined by Cathy Ross is a moment all your own that you feel that God is Winking at you. It could be funny or heart touching either way it is a moment that you and God connect on a very deep personal level. A wink in which He lets you know He is there and loves you!!!

We arrived in Rome at around 11:30am Rome Time. We took a cab "Thank God" from the airport to our hotel. We unpacked and watched President George Bush drive past our window. Of course, we waved as he and the secret service drove by. We unpacked and headed to the Spanish Steps. We had our first margarita pizza and raspberry gelato in route. What a great way to start our trip!!! We came back and passed out.

No comments: